Here at Morley Realty Ltd. we are grateful for many things, this year we would like highlight unique things about the Bahamas that sometimes go unnoticed.
We are grateful for:
- Rich history of the Bahamas such as its architectural buildings, statues and monuments.
- The friendly people, great tropical conch salad, beautiful beaches and clear crystal waters to swim in.
- The creativeness and talent of our people that has earned us worldwide exposure.
- Living in a “vacation destination”
- Family, friends and job
- Sense of community and the way in which we come together in times of adversity.
- Relaxing vacations and get-aways to the Out Islands
- Hurricane season to be over and that during Hurricane Matthew there was no lives lost.
- Because “no matter where I roam The Bahamas will always be my home”
- The sun, sand and sea
- Not having to shovel snow and that there are no extremes in our weather.
- Rush-hour traffic overlooking the gorgeous blue and turquoise waters of The Bahamas.
- Our family islands, each unique but yet so special.
- Crab n’ Rice and Conch Chowder
- Family beach days at Cabbage Beach and Rose Island
- Cool nights and balmy days of our “winter” season.
- Ability to island hop.
- Eating fresh Wahoo or Grouper after hours of fishing for them
- The end of the hurricane season and everything getting back to normal
- The most beautiful beaches in the world
- Our pace of life to appreciate family and friends island style
- Life, health, love and precious memories
- Awesome Bahamian seafood at the Poop Deck overlooking the scenic Nassau Harbor
- The many visitors who come to enjoy our islands with family and friends
- The wonderful community life and living with people who care for you at all times.
- The unique island style of the Out Islands- straw, bright colors, pink sand, sun bleached shells
- The replenishment of treasures (shells, fish, beaches and plants) of the beautiful Exumas, so that if you got back two day in a row you will find new things.
- Our balmy white-sanded Christmas
- Beautiful weather all year round, clear blue waters and sandy beaches
- Being able to swim year-round in the ocean.
- The sun that graces us majority of the year, on both very humid days with little island breeze, and during our brisk wintery days.
- Fresh and tasty conch salad at Arawak Cay
- The size of our population, so it’s possible that if you don’t know someone, you probably know someone they know.
- Smiles from the people at the straw market when you tell them you are local.
We hope you and your family have a food, family and love filled Thanksgiving, from our family to yours, gratitudes and giving thanks.
Photo by Emily Morley