Happy Holidays to you and yours! Here at Morley Realty Ltd. we have been feeling the Christmas spirit since the first cold front blew in! Poinciettas line the desks and the smell of the Christmas tree fills the office. It is safe to say we are excited about this holiday season.
We are fortunate enough to be able to celebrate during this season, but it does not go without recognition that many families are battling a different battle. We hope that many of you have donated your time, forgotten toys and holiday spirit to those around you through this month of celebration.
Here are a few ways that the employees of Morley Realty Ltd. are spreading the holiday spirit this season, we hope we can inspire you to do the same!
- Buying Local- going down to the Straw Market, or the authentic Bahamian vendors and stores to buy island gifts to give to friends and family.
- Purchasing gifts for the Children’s Home on Bilney Lane and participating in the “Jesse Tree” at church where they give three gifts to persons within the church community.
- Giving back my time and money to help mostly kids who find it difficult to find food to eat this holiday season.
- Donating a turkey and ham to the Ranfurly Home for Children in honor of my mother, as we started this tradition many years ago.
- After the catastrophe of Hurricane Matthew I will be giving back my time to those who simply need shelter, by fixing roofs and providing asphalt shingles for others.
- Giving back to the Salvation Army kettle-bell ringers, as it always reminds me of Christmas and my father.
- Tipping those who take time out of their day to help me a little extra whenever I can.
- Practicing my patience and smiling to people who I interact with. A smile can go a long way, especially during a season where people are stressed about shopping.
- Making an effort to spend time with family and friends that I only get to see once in a while during the rest year.
- Appreciating the warm weather we are blessed with majority of the year here in The Bahamas. I will be outside for most of this holiday season taking care of and admiring our beautiful backyard.
The streets are full of shoppers, decorations and festive garlands hanging from balconies. Companies are closing down for Christmas, so families can spend time together and celebrate each other. Whichever holiday you celebrate during this time of the year, we wish you happy holidays!